West Virginia University honored 13 individuals and two teams at the Health Sciences Center for outstanding achievement on Wednesday, April 12 at 4 p.m. in the Pylons Lobby. The ceremony was open to the entire HSC community.
The Vice President’s Achievement Awards are bestowed annually on people and groups who have made significant contributions to the missions of the University and their schools and units.
Winners were nominated by their peers and selected by the Achievement Awards committees.
Please join us in honoring these winners for the outstanding job they do on a daily basis:
- Administrative/Managerial – Erica Stewart, MBA
- Clerical/Secretarial – Brandy Toothman
- Professional/Non-Teaching – Jay Mason
- Physical Plant/Maintenance/Service – Delores Richards
- Teaching – Robert Gerbo, MD
- Research & Scholarly Activities – Ming Pei, MD, PhD
- Service – Cecil Pollard and Carl Sullivan III, MD, FACP
- Mentoring – Alison Wilson, MD, FACS and Usha Sambamoorthi, PhD
- Master Clinician – Timothy Jackson, MD
- Go First Award – Injury Control Research Center (Herbert Linn, David Fulaytar, Sheena Sayres, Bonnie Grimm, Amy Hunter, Toska Cooper, Sara Warfield, Cara Mangine, Maximus Mahoney, Kaleb Hamrick, Toni Rudisill, Robert Beck, Rachel Hays, Donna Sisler, Anne Burleigh, David Flynn, Alan Martin, John Childress and Russell Doerr)
- Team Achievement – Interprofessional Education (Gina Baugh, PharmD; Amy Burt, OT; Kimeran Evans, DPT; Ralph Utzman, PhD, PT)
Women in Science and Health (WISH)
- Mid-Career Award – R. Constance Wiener, DMD, PhD
- Advanced Career Award – Ann Chester